I found this trio on Pinterest. They were too cute to just pin, they had to be replicated. So yes, I decided to make one for my niece that is expecting their first bub in September. I made a mistake and did not make his paws white but I like how he turned out nonetheless.
Here he is, my first amineko cat.
Click here for the pattern to make one of these cute cats!
So my friend gave me a bunch of card stock. She said, I’m sure you’ll put it to good use. She had a surplus from the supplies she purchased to make her wedding invitations. Of course, card stock equals hand made cards. I had 13 sheets of red and 6 sheets of textured pearlescent cream.
I decided to make a batch of Christmas cards and a batch of ‘any occasion’ cards. Plan was to make these and return them to my friend for her to use.
The ‘any occasion’ batch was made with printed [Best wishes] up-cycled dictionary pages and sewn [creative memories punch] dragon flies. I fed the dictionary pages [stuck on a scrap piece of normal sized paper] through my printed using the free font ‘satisfaction’ – love this font. I wanted to come up with a design that could be used for male, female, birthday, congratulations, bon voyage anything really. I think next time I would use the sentiment ‘thinking of you’.
The Christmas batch consisted of a little wreath of textured leaves. Some mounted with foam tape. Little tiny red bows made using a fork [tutorial on Pinterest, of course] and joy stamped with black ink. I used my alphabet stamp and taped the 3 letters together for quick stamping.
I wrapped them into cute little packages, cellophane, coloured twine and stickers.
The 2014 Craft and Quilt Fair finished today. I went yesterday with my mum and had a great day, attend a workshop, soaked up inspiration, bought quite a bit [ran out of cash, I still had plastic though] and took these photos. Enjoy.
Quilling on Instagram! Just when I think I have seen the most gorgeous creations I see more unique designs and variations. I am hugely inspired by all this talent. Just last week our neighbours offered us a little look at their collection of fabrics from when they were in the ‘rag trade’. And we were allowed to take any that we fancied. They are a such sweet couple and would not accept any money, in fact they were grateful we helped them clear out as they will soon be downsizing. Well a thank you token and card was the least we could do. When we were shown through their home it was evident my neighbour loved lady bugs. So here is my little thank you card I designed. A few coils, tight, loose and someone pinched, secured with a little glue created these shapes and eventually Miss Beetle came to life. Martha Stewart round corner punch to a add a soft touch. Some freehand typography.
Oh and of course a bit of research on Pinterest didn’t hurt either, follow me or my board for some inspiration.
Luckily I thought quickly when I was about to discard this T-shirt I had never used.
It was one of those that have no side seams. It was too big, long, baggy but perfect for upcycling. Yes I will turn into t-shirt yarn. You may have seen this new idea on Pinterest. I washed it and turned it into yarn, if you would like to see how, click here.
I then crocheted using a size 10 hook and created a little basket. What do you think? I had a go at styling so cut some camellias and a hydrangea from the garden.
I wrapped some sinamay, grosgrain ribbon and I made crocheted ric-rac [you can see it on the bottle on the right.]
Using paint chips, double sided and foam tape I replicated the effect. Little tag and ribbon completed my SILs birthday card.
Some stitching on the gift wrapping instead of tape. Travel memories…. gorgeous grainy [not obvious from the photo] paper acquired in Bali and colourful paper ribbon from Thailand.
Must admit this month’s food challenge got me – not very happy with the result, it seemed easier than what it was [for me anyway].
But I guess that’s what challenges are all about, stretching ourselves. I managed one fancy chocolate butterfly and a few average ones. None the less the cupcakes were enjoyed during a family gathering on our recent Queen’s Birthday long weekend.
Deconstructed, it’s a popular term, don’t you think? So many recipes and cooking shows talk about deconstructed dishes. Recently I saw it refer to in the craft world. And this card was an accidental ‘deconstruction’. I started with making petals, 5 of them. I had in my mind a flower of course. Then when I had 4 strips of the biege/pale yellow left I start twisting into loops, just playing around. It resulted in what I think looks like a fish. I liked the flourish I created and then started playing around with the placement of the petals. This is my result, my deconstructed flower and fish quilling card. I used alphabet stamp to create the sentiment, my Kikki K copper metallic gel pen for some dots and round corner punch to complete my card. I like the result. I made it for a sweet family friend.
I didn’t intend for my second tutorial to be another pin cushion but here is my paisley print inspired shape pin cushion. Any questions please drop me line would love to help you re-create your own. And my first go at a 100% pictorial tute.