Last weekend we attended a baptism for our friends daughter, Rachel Rose. I made a hand bound photo album using a Japanese technique in my hand made book, cover to cover. I covered the chipboard front and back covers with white card stock. I then decorated the front cover with velum. This piece I had, had silver roses. Velum is always tricky to adhere so I decided to sew these in place with gun metal grey beads and organza ribbon I then couldn’t resist to make more bunting. I used my flower and button hole punches to make roses [flowers] I could weave on to my yarn. I wanted to crochet a long chain to weave the flowers onto but the slits weren’t wide enough so I just crocheted the ends. I hole punched white paper and stamped the name with my alphabet stamp set. I stuck the name with double sides tape. I then used double sides foam mounting tape to secure the roses [flowers] in place.
What a lovely present.
Thank you Sarah.